Monday, July 1, 2013

Baby Steps.

This is the current "outline" I have for this project. It isn't overly detailed, but it will give you an idea of what I will be trying to cover here. This isn't necessarily complete, but it does help! There's a lot to do and I'm still in stage one, getting ready to begin the second. Very exciting stuff, here. :D

STAGE ONE:
Buying materials.
- Duct Tape Dummy.
- List what materials to buy and the places in which I bought them.
- Choosing materials for the project.
- The money spent to buy all the necessary materials and how much of what.
- Sew the mesh beginning body suit and try it on.

STAGE TWO:
Carving the basic foam body to get the general shape.
Pictures of the foam before I started, maybe a video of how I’m carving it, how I’m putting it together, showing how to repair it if a mistake is made. This is a very big step.
Tail: Pool noodle. Carve it so that it is very long and nice, use a strong elastic to keep it around the body properly.

STAGE THREE:
Carving the details, including teeth, gums, tongue, nose, scale detailing, claws and the eye outline. Reference pictures as well. Put the eyes on before I put the fabric as well as any other details.

STAGE FOUR:
Putting all the foam together to form the dinosaur onto the bodysuit.

STAGE FIVE:
Covering the dinosaur in fabric, showing how I sewed it together, how I glued it, how it all fit together. Showing how I now have a dinosaur costume base.

STAGE SIX:
Painting the dinosaur.

STAGE SEVEN:
Try on the costume to make sure everything looks right. Finish the closer up painting such as the teeth or cover in fabric if we decide that’s the better option. Fix anything that doesn’t look “right.”

STAGE EIGHT:

Glue all the feathers on.

No comments:

Post a Comment