Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Working on the feet and hands.

 Here's how my fingers fit inside the hands. It doesn't look at all comfy but it feels just fine when they're inside the gloves.
 The stance, as well as modeling the mesh suit. It breathes and fits well. I'll be leaning forward like this for pictures/playing around, but walking around straight up due to the strain this puts on someone's back.
 Close to being finished! I staystitched them three times total, I don't want any seams popping out entirely.
 However, the hands constantly would fall down and slide off so I decided to put some elastic in the wrists. I just pinned it tight around my wrist, then sewed it into the actual glove.
 Sewn.
 Slightly loose, but that's all right.
 My work area. The floor of our bedroom. I've got the reference pictures, computer to have the ones unprinted as well as tutorials and videos up, scissors, marker, foam, everything.
 We got these Crocs at Dick's Sporting Goods for about $30. Kind of expensive but they've actually got some pretty durable bottoms so I'm all right with that.
 My super nice Friskars Spring-Handled scissors! Not overly pricy but golly, they're just so nice for doing so much cutting.
 Pictures of the feet as well as the gridding that was done on them.
 I started out by cutting out some three inch x three inch x three inch blocks of foam, and cutting those down to look more rounded and toe like.
 (note; none of the reference pictures you see are done by me!) We did crop out the rest of the dino and got this very good picture of just the leg.
 I then measured the edges and then put the same measurements onto the foam and cut it out to put along the sides to make it wider.
 Progress. I ended up removing the pieces from the back because I didn't like them, though. Made it look really weird. 
 Other foot.
Then the two completed feet! I took a quick video walking around in them so I could see how it moved and looked, and I think it looks pretty good. The tops have been trimmed more and the sides added to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIyWnTHDUSk

No comments:

Post a Comment