Sunday, January 26, 2014

Eye failure, more foam and a completed head sculpt

So the ladle as a mold didn't work, the resin expanded (I guess) and cracked it. I quickly bounced back though with the idea to use a ball from a ball pit, which I was able to use as a stand-in while I kept sculpting the head.
 I don't think I ever got pictures of the foam we used on the torso, but here that is. It's really comfy, actually and not hot at all in the 70F weather of Florida that we've had lately. 
 And the head sculpt! It looks a little wonky in pictures but it looks really great in real life. I'm very proud of it, and I just need to smooth it out a bit more and possibly adjust the back of it where the hinge will be installed before completion of it. 
I like this angle the best on it I think. All in all it took 28 pounds of clay and about ten dollars worth of foam and way too much time. Couple hundred hours worth. I believe I finished the entirety of The Office while sculpting.
 We added more mesh to the backs of the ankles so I could get it on easier. It is SO much better this way, very easy to put on and it doesn't feel as tight or constricting. 
 I also added stuffing to around the thighs so that the tail will look more attached to the body rather than having a gap between the two. I haven't tried it on yet so I might have to put even more stuffing to get that effect.
 Then on the front torso I added stuffing as well to make the transition more smooth rather than abrupt.

3 comments:

  1. Not cool of the raptor to have ated me.
    Nor is it polite of the raptor to have ated me, not polite at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's looking so awesome! I'm even rather afraid of Velociraptors, but this just looks so cool :D

    ReplyDelete